The season's hottest looks have shoppers aiming an urban, street style that can be achieved by re-imagining many of the items you already have in your closet. The look is comfortable and confident, featuring layers of casual items that can be dressed-up and club-ready effortlessly.
Seven accents that will bring urban appeal to your current closet are:
- The right boots. Even when the weather warms, a great pair of work boots is a worthwhile find. The distressed look is very urban and classic styles offer the longest life in your closet. Look for great deals on ankle-high leather boots but you can also find vegan leather options, if preferred.
- An all-occasion cover-up. The stylish way to keep the chill off is a multi-function scarf or wrap. Look for details such as fringed edges, hoods, and pockets for something different, but choose a fiber or fabric that is easy to launder and care-for, since you will be wearing it year-round.
- Bunches of bracelets. In terms of city-style, you must have some colorful beaded bracelets; in fact, the more, the better! These can be worn in bunches with and without cuffs for a look that will go from day to night. Look for quality bracelets made with natural stone beads and crystals.
- A comfy cap. Top-things-off with the perfect cap, something that will both keep the sun-off and protect your hair during activities and extreme weather. A simple newsboy cap never goes out of style and you can put your own stamp on the look by finding caps in bold colors.
- Sexy bralettes. The new and improved bralette replaces the vintage corset or retro camisole – and is a lot more comfortable to wear! These sexy underpinnings are just right to bring a bit of nighttime glamour to an everyday ensemble.
- Hair wraps. Other must-have accessories include head scarves or wraps; these not only provide you with hair-styling options, they protect your tresses from the elements, such as the sun or pollution. Wraps can create a versatile look that makes the most out of any bad hair day.
- Your boyfriend's button-up. For a street-savvy look, pair your everyday outfits with n oversized flannel shirt or your boyfriend's button-up shirt. Tied around the waste, these shirts make the perfect layering piece; worn over a slip-dress or shift, and they become a cool, contemporary club look.
Bring some swagger and urban appeal to your wardrobe with these seven suggestions. Visit merchants online, like Premier VII, as well as in favorite thrift and consignment sites, to find the perfect accents to bring some city style to even the simplest ensembles.